Empower "U", Inc. Community Health Center (EUCHC) provides general primary medical care, screenings for cancer, HIV, STD's, HepC and cholesterol, immunizations, diagnostic laboratory, diagnostic x-ray, gynecological care, volunteer family planning, child wellness, emergency medical and behavioral health services. EUCHC is seeking concerned citizens to fill vacancies on our Board of Directors. We need your time and talent to continue our mission to empower, educate, and promote better health care choices for individuals and families at risk for and/or affected by health disparities.
• Business Management
• Human Resources
• People living with HIV/AIDS/Consumers of HIV/AIDS services/Health Center Patients
• Program Development
• Public Relations/Marketing
Board Members Duties
• Attend quarterly and interim meetings (as needed).
• Serve on at least one standing or ad-hoc committee.
• Monitor (NOT manage) activities of Executive Director in carrying out program goals and policies set by the board.
• Represent the organization positively within the community when appropriate.
• Assist the organization to gain community support by exercising personal and professional contacts whenever possible.
• Contribute personally to fundraising campaign.
• Approximately 2 hours a month for board meetings plus 1 hour prep time for all meetings.
• One annual full-day retreat.
• Approximately 4-8 hours per year attendance at special events.
• Other time depending on individual member's assumption of responsibilities.
• An initial 2 hour orientation to the work of the organization will be provided by the CEO and the Board Chair.
• Annual retreat for on-going training.
Interested candidates should apply by completing and returning the Board of Directors Membership Application. To view and print forms from this site you will need adobe reader. Download a free copy here.
Empower “U”, Inc. Community Health Center
Northside Shopping Center
Board of Directors Nominations Committee
7900 NW 27th Avenue, Suite E-12
Miami, Florida 33147-4909