Thank you for considering a Career with Empower "U", Inc. Community Health Center (EUCHC). EUCHC is a rapidly growing organization that is always seeking qualified, highly motivated and talented applicants to join our staff. We are an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. All employees receive a competitive compensation package. We use E-Verify® to confirm employment eligibility in the United States.
In our commitment to provide a safe environment for our staff, patients, volunteers and visitors and have established a drug-free workplace policy. We strictly prohibit the illicit use, possession, sale, distribution, manufacture of controlled substance on the premises. Controlled Substances include alcohol, illegal drugs, inhalants, prescriptions and over the counter drugs. We ask that all staff, patients, volunteers and visitors adhere to our drug-free policy.
All potential candidates are required by law to be screened pursuant to 435.04 of the Florida Statues. The potential candidate must undergo security background investigations as a condition of employment and continued employment which includes, but need not be limited to, fingerprinting for statewide criminal history records checks through the Department of Law Enforcement, and national criminal history records checks through the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and may include local criminal records checks through local law enforcement agencies. If you have a criminal history it will not prohibit you from being being hired. Depending on the nature of the crime it may limit your hiring opportunities. We realize that no one is perfect, and that people make mistakes.
We currently have the following positions available:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Empower U, Inc. Community Health Center is currently looking for a Chief Executive Officer to join our health center leadership team.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for all day-to-day operations of the Health Center. This position is accountable for planning organizing and directing the organization to ensure that quality patient care is provided and that the financial integrity of the company is maintained. The CEO ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as all policies and procedures set forth by the Governing Board and Medical Staff, and those required by Joint Commission standards. The CEO is responsible for creating an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance, recognize and reward performance, and being responsible for the operation of measurement, assessment and improvement of the hospital's performance.
Our health center provides a wide range of services, a vast network of highly-skilled, independent practice physicians, therapists and ARNPs, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Master’s degree in health administration, public health, business, non-profit management, or related field and at least five to ten years of progressive work experience in a healthcare setting or related field with management and supervisory experience.
- Previous management experience at the executive level required; prior nonprofit experience ideal; management of a global or multi-site organization preferred
- Significant board development, fundraising, marketing/branding and fiscal management experience a must
- A financially savvy and politically astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills, which support and enable sound decision making
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff; successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team.
Regularly sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Occasionally – lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Vision required includes close, color, peripheral, depth perception, distance. Occasional evening and weekend work. Occasional travel.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
ACCOUNTING ANALYST (A/R AND A/P)
Candidate is responsible for financial reports, ensuring that results comply with GAAP; maintaining account records, mitigating risk; managing monthly accounting tasks, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables for a not-for-profit healthcare environment.Responsibilities:
- Maintain a General Ledger by analyzing, reconciling and recording journal entries in accordance with GAAP.
- Summarize periodic financial data by preparing individual and consolidated balance sheets, profit and loss reports and other end of month reports that represents an accurate financial position of the organization.
- Perform day to day processes to ensure accurate and timely recording of accounts payable transactions and check runs. Prepare accounts payable accruals and reversals.
- Maintain the organizations Account Receivables balances and report these as requested.
- Assist in tasks as tax return preparation and annual budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Four years of experience as full charge accountant with general ledger experience.
- Proficiency in SAGE, MS Office products with experience in Excel and QuickBooks. (preferred)
- Effective communication skills.
- Detail oriented and high level of accuracy, analytical and problem solving skills.
LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker reports to the Chief Medical Officer and is responsible for ensuring that the medically related emotional and social needs of EUI’s patients are met and maintained on an individual basis in accordance with policies and procedures, and current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops a comprehensive social history and psychosocial assessment that includes the patient’s problems, strengths and preferences, including cultural, religious, and ethnic background and implications for the care plan.
- Orients patients and families to EUI, its services, its service limitations and patients' rights.
- Includes patients and families in care planning, encouraging their attendance at care conferences.
- Completes mandatory documentation within timelines established by applicable regulations.
- Empowers patients and encourages their choice in matters affecting them, demonstrating receptive attitudes and sensitivity to choices based on racial, cultural and ethnic heritage, and sexual orientation.
- Ameliorates emotional distress of patients and families.
- Provides linkage with appropriate community resources by maintaining knowledge of other systems, making referrals and identifying unmet needs.
- Provides patients and families with crisis management services.
- Participates as a member of the social service self-directed work team and the case management team.
This position has minimal supervision responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in social work from an accredited school.
- Licensed in the State of Florida.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Two (2) years of supervisory social work experience in a community health care setting, working directly with individuals.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must be able to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with patients, staff and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people within the community.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Commensurate with Experience
OFFICE MEDICAL SECRETARY
The Office Medical Secretary is primarily responsible for front desk operations, administrative support and client reception. This position is full-time.
- Routes clients/patients to the appropriate areas within the agency.
- Answers phones, checks and returns voice messages in a timely basis.
- Assists with front desk duties as required (i.e. telephone appointment scheduling and/or patient reminder calls).
- Updates patient’s demographic information into the agency’s data system.
- Photocopies patient’s health records based on 3rdparty request and prepares invoice.
- Ensures patient documentation is fully completed and recorded in agency’s database.
- Ensures documentation for new patients are collected and recorded in patient’s electronic health records (EHR).
- Verifies patient insurance carrier/coverage prior to visit to ensure accurate billing.
- Responds to all correspondences and tasks (via letter, email, faxes) in a timely manner
- Maintains monthly patient insurance carrier in binder.
- Records and maintains patient’s health records in agency’s database and other data system and/or patient’s records as required.
- Ensures external 3rdparty documentation (i.e. labs, consultations reports etc.) is collected and entered in the patient’s electronic health records (EHR).
- Assists in ensuring that the medical office (front desk and waiting area) is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Informs patients of eligibility status (RW expiration and insurance termination) prior to physician visit via telephone.
- Researches insurance plan coverage and documents covered services in patient health records (both paper and electronic records).
- Review explanation of benefit (EOB) for denials or pending claims.
- Assist supervisor in following up on denials and/or pending claims with 3rdparty payers.
- Prepares invoices for payments of medical records requests.
- Addresses and problem-solve patient billing issues when presented.
Quality Assurance/Compliance Duties:
- Ensures online training's are current as required.
- Ensures that medical operations fully comply with agency and HIPAA requirements.
- Participates in agency developmental activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Education in medical reception and medical administrative duties highly recommended.
Training and Experience Qualifications:
- At least two years of work experience in medical settings specifically front desk operations are required.
- Medical billing experience preferred.
- HIV/AIDS trainings preferred.
Job Knowledge and Skills Qualifications:
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) is preferred.
- Computer knowledge should include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent problem solving, communication, organizational and teamwork skills are required.
- Ability to work with multicultural and diverse population is required.
Interested candidates should apply online by completing the:
Our online application process requires an active email address. If you do not have an email address, you can create one for free at: